Township Assistance

Township Assistance Applications

Assistance application’s can be filled out online and returned to us with this link:

Assistance applications can also be found inside the foyer.  These must be completed and submitted along with a copy of your ID, two pieces of mail, last bank statement and a copy of the bill/invoice.   All information can be emailed to [email protected] or placed in the Assistance Application box in the foyer.        


Each case is determined on a case by case basis.  Each application will carefully be investigated regarding the circumstances of each applicant and each member of the applicant’s household to ascertain the following:  Legal residence, names and ages, present and previous occupation, ability and capacity to perform labor, cause of current condition, whether there are relatives able and willing to assist the application.

–  The Deputy Trustee can assist with filing out the application if:  Mental or physical disability, Dyslexia,  Can’t read/write English

–  Please include a copy of 2 pieces of mail, last bank statement, and a copy of your ID

If an applicant has a relative living in the Township who is able to assist, we will ask the relative to help the applicant before giving aid.

1.  Buck Creek Township residents submit completed Township TA-1 Form to Trustee’s office.

2.  Once form has been received by the Trustee and processing has begun the resident will receive a call from the coordinator to discuss resources and current status. 

3.  Proof of all income for the last 30 days for each member of the household over 18 must be submitted.  These can be submitted in the form of copies of pay stubs or statements of benefits received such as SNAP, TANF, disability, child support, Medicaid, Hoosier Healthwise, HIP, WIC.   

4. Copies of bill is required before any assistance considered.

5. Last 30 days of banking activity.

The Trustee’s office shall obligate any adult member of a recipient household to do any work needed to be done within the county or an adjoining Township for any nonprofit agency or governmental unit, unless: • Physically unable • Minor • Over 65 • Already have full time employment • Needed to care for an individual because of their condition • No work available  

Hancock County Resources are listed below. The document can be downloaded as well.